The Wadden Sea hiking tour to the island of Ameland starts at the Holwerd pier, where the cars are also parked. The first few kilometers on the intertidal flats are muddy, so we start at a leisurely pace. After a varied trip of approx. 3.5 to 4 hours through land reclamation works, mussel beds, and tidal creeks we arrive at the Oerderduin on the east side of the island. To the North Sea beach it is a stroll of 2 km. It s another 1.5 hour hike over the beach to the village of Buren but if you wish, transportation with a tractor and trailer to Buren can be arranged. After a wonderful break on the island, the ferry takes us back to Holwerd.
• Departure: from cafe Land - en Zeezicht, Grândijk 2, 9151 AE Holwerd (on the pier)
• Distance: 11 km on the tidal flats.
• Duration: 3,5 - 4 hours on the tidal flats
• Level of effort: medium to heavy
• Price per person € 25, - (includes ferry and transportation to the village of Nes on Ameland)
Dates and departure times:
Saturday April 21 at 07:00 hrs
Sunday May 27 at 00:05 hrs Night trip with the Wadden Sea Association; can only be booked by the Wadden Sea Association at www.waddenvereniging.nl
Saturday August 18 at 07:00 hrs
See also: NIGHT TOURS!
Tours by appointment for at least 6 participants: date and time after consultation at email@example.com .