OUR INTERTIDAL GUIDED TOURS
Small scale with individual attention
Generally, our guided tours are provided to groups of a limited size. This enables an intense experience on the tidal flats of the Wadden Sea!
In case of guided tours where a boat is necessary for transport, numbers of guests could be a bit higher; in that case we try to create sub-groups of limited size.
Our association is not-for profit, non-commercial. In case of cancellation by us (due to weather conditions) your payments to us will be reimbursed.
We are able to inform you about the Wadden Sea environment, the flora and fauna of this unique wilderness.
The tours vary in level of being strenuous. The overview of Tours is clustered in increasing levels of being strenuous under normal weather conditions. For all tours it is important that you are experiencing a good health. Participating in our guided tours is on your own risk.
As a rule of the thumb: for being able to crossing the tidal flats to an island, you should have no problems to walk 15 kilometers on solid surface in three hours.
For our Coastal tours where we do not cross to an island, you should have the ability to walk 5 to 10 kilometers with an average speed of 5 km/h.
Wind, tide, temperature, and fitness of our guests define the accomplishment of a tour.
Being well-prepared is vital. Think of:
• Bring a rain- or wind jacket and wear warm clothing in underneath. It is chilly wading through the channels and walking over the open tidal sand- and mudflats (more chilly than at the mainland).
• Shorts, or a short legging (not denim); advisable to have swimming wear under your clothes
• Wearing proper shoes with with thick soles and socks is compulsory. This is important to protect you against scars of shells.
• We do recommend wearing high basketball shoes and/or surf booties.
• Sun protection: cream, sunglasses, a hat or cap.
• In case of an island crossing, have a bag pack with dry clothes and shoes (packed watertight)
• Sufficient food and drinks for the tour.
• Please be informed that dogs are not allowed on the tidal flats.
• Alcohol and recreational drugs are not allowed.